Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Antiqbooks.com has one of my show programs on sale ($30) - WTF?

I was, ahem, googling myself (oh, don't look at me like that, you do it too) and came across this bizarre for sale item on www.antiqbooks.com.

They are charging $30 (EUR 21.5) for a souvenir program from the Oberon Theater Ensemble production of my play Cockfighters (in rep with Mice & Men) from 2003. I think that is more than I earned in royalties for the production. Who would buy this and how exactly did "Europe's Premier Antiquarian Booksite" come to be selling it??

The item is offered by: Julian's Books 35 W. 64th Street, New York, NY 10001

I think I need to go browse there. Maybe they have a souvenir program from when I played the back end of Paul Bunyon's blue ox in grade school.

https://www.antiqbook.com/secureorder.phtml?nr=1177268050&l=en&searchform=

Booknumber: 112201STEINBECK, JOHN / JOHNNA ADAMS, - Of Mice & Men /
Cockfighter - Souvenir Program -. New York: The Oberon Theatre Ensemble.
Softcover. "OF MICE & MEN" BY JOHN STEINBECK WITH SCOT CARLISLE - JANE
COURTNEY - JAREL DAVIDOW - PHILIP EMEOTT - BILL FAIRBAIRN - TIMOTHY JENKINS - ED
JEWETT - RICHARD KOHN - PATRICK MELVILLE - DAVID SITLER, ETC...ETC... - DIRECTED
BY ERIC PARNESS - "COCKFIGHTERS" BY JOHNNA ADAMS WITH SCOT CARLISLE - BILL
FAIRBAIRN - RAPHAEL FETTA - EEVIN HARTSOUGH - PATRICK MELVILLE - DAVID SITLER -
DAWN SOBCZAK, ETC...ETC... - DIRECTED BY SARAH GURFIELD. ; 8vo ; 16 pages. NF.
USD 30.00 [Appr.: EURO 21.5 £UK 18.5 JP¥ 2882]

(I have a souvenir program from this that I will sell for $29 if anyone is interested.)

No comments: