Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Patrick Memed Me

Got Memed by Patrick Gabridge at Writing Life x3. It has taken me so long to respond that I have seen 4th or 5th level responses on other people's blogs already! I have read at least five responses from people not originally memed. The project has great-great grandchildren already and I am just now moving my lazy little fingers. But, here goes just the same:
"So, here's the challenge: make a list of five strengths that you possess as a writer/artist. It's not really bragging, it's an honest assessment (forced upon you by this darn meme). Please resist the urge to enumerate your weaknesses, or even mention them in contrast to each strong point you list. Tag four other writers or artists whom you'd like to see share their strengths."

1. I don't worry about what people will think about what I am writing while I write it.

2. I follow Gary Garrison's advice to "Go to your writing as if you were a child being set loose on the sandbox during recess."

3. I keep writing.

4. I have a good sense of humor about my writing.

5. I give myself permission to write badly when I want to.

I tag deadponies, Dave Barton, Dan Ward, Chris the Playwright and Stylist!



2 comments:

patrick said...

Thanks for joining in, Johnna. I like your list.

You mention watching the meme through various generations. It's been really fascinating to watch it spread and see how folks respond. I think I spotted a fifth or sixth generation post today.

Johnna Adams said...

Shame you didn't also tell people to send you $20 when they responded! I may add that to my post . . .