Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Play Sans Merci is a Reva Shiner Finalist

2007-2008 Reva Shiner Playwriting Competition

winner:

WORK by Terri Wagener

finalists:

12 Dogs by Jeanne Drennan
All Things Being Equal by Faye Sholiton
American Icons by Harry Michael Bagdasian
EROICA by David Alex
FRONTIER by Robin Rice Lichtig
Going Home by Ann Snead
Opaline by Mary Fengar Gail
Sans Merci by Johnna Adams
THE REPLACEMENT by Jacob M. Appel
Thieves by Doug Bedwell
Tying the Knot by David Rush
Uncovering Eve by Kevin Isom
Violet Sharp by William Cameron

Also got a very nice email from the contest people telling me they enjoyed the play and I should consider resubmitting it next year. That was nice, and I had no idea that you could re-submit the same play, so I am glad they told me.

Mary Fengar Gail is the only playwright on the list I know. She is awesome. Haven't read OPALINE, but I have read or seen two or three of her other plays. I love her.

This is a good little pick me up. I was feeling a bit pessimistic about the whole play submission process. Am hoping to do a day of play submissions this weekend.

Went to Reverie Productions Writers meeting last night and we read the first 24 pages of Rattlers. It is coming along. Needs trimming.

No comments: