Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Memed yet again, this time by Adam

Memed again. Adam Szymkowicz is making me. From a meme written by Marisa http://chainsawcalligraphy.blogspot.com/
List 5 things that certain people (who are not deserving of being your friend anyway) may consider you to be "totally lame," but you are, despite the possible stigma, totally proud of. Own it. Tag 5 others:
1. Prince’s UNDER THE CHERRY MOON was my favorite movie in middle school. I had whole scenes memorized and was very good at reproducing Kristen Scott Thomas’ British dialect. I wrote a 45 page screenplay for 7th grade English that was thematically quite similar called UNDER THE CLOUDS (winning a class award for Best Screenplay from the other 20 honors English class attendees, ahem). When Becky Johnston, the writer, later was nominated for an Oscar for PRINCE OF TIDES I felt completely vindicated.

2. I watched every episode of CBS’ Big Brother this season. Catching ones I missed on the Internet, religiously. I also read blog recaps of episodes on Modern Fabulousity three times a week.

3. I read all 25 books in John Norman’s Gor series in middle school.

4. Took first place at the Texas State High School Latin Convention (circa 1990) on a test on Roman History, shocking myself and my Latin teacher deeply. I acted really casual about it when I was picking up the medallion. Also unexpectedly took regional first place in a poetry interpretation contest reading “The Pied Piper of Hamlin.” Still shaking my head over that one.

5. Was in a production of a musical called MONSTERS when I was 17 or so (with the now defunct TEXAS REAL CHILDREN’S THEATER), for which Willie Nelson wrote a song called “We’re All a Blur Under the Fur.” Lyrics the ensemble sang:
We’re all a blur under the fur
People dogs and monsters, too
Far as I can tell
Underneath our shell
There’s no difference between me and you!
Not a big hit for Willie afterward. He never came and saw the show (which explains why I was never discovered and taken off to Nashville to be a big county star—that and the fact that I can’t really sing.)

I have to meme other people now. I’ll pick different peeps from last time: Eric Eberwein, Kyle, Patrick Gabridge, Erika Tai, Jami McCoy.

2 comments:

The Misanthrope said...

Wow, no wonder you are so good, you're even smarter than I knew, and I was already impressed. Now you're out of my league. You never told me you knew Latin.

Johnna Adams said...

I took three years of Latin in high school and now know about 3 words of it. I have thought about taking one of those night school courses where you can brush up on your Latin. But it seems a bit silly.