Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Make Gay Love, Not War

Isaac at Parabasis posted about this and got my attention.

The US military (honest to God) was pursuing a non-lethal, hormonal bomb that would contain "strong aphrodisiacs, especially if the chemical also caused homosexual behavior" for use on enemy soldiers. The proposal went out in 1994, from the Air Force and they called it the Gay Bomb.

Full story.

Wow. I have always wanted to write a play about proposal writers (I am a proposal writer in my day job)-- but have been put off by the fact that Tom Strelich has already written the definitive proposal writer play with his searingly funny BAFO. Wonder if I could figure out a way to write a comedy about the proposal team trying to answer this government RFP without it being a complete BAFO ripoff? One for the idea file.

No comments: