Monday, April 16, 2007

2007 Pulitzers: It's the Rabbit by a Nose

From the Pulitzer site:

"For a distinguished play by an American author, preferably original in its source and dealing with American life, Ten thousand dollars ($10,000),

Awarded to Rabbit Hole by David Lindsey-Abaire

Nominated as finalists in this category were: "Orpheus X" by Rinde Eckert, "Bulrusher" by Eisa Davis, and "Elliot, a Soldier's Fugue" by Quiara Alegría Hudes. "

I thought that Rabbit Hole would win it. Didn't I say that Rabbit Hole would win? I think I did. I have never heard of any of the finalists which is exciting. I guess I have some research to do. I am so glad they awarded a prize. It is numbing when they don't give out an award. It is like they are sending out a little press release that says "Your life is futile. Give up now."

I saw Rabbit Hole in previews last year and came out with a very positive opinion about it. I love the scene with the mother and the teenage boy-- I thought that was quite lovely. Congrats to David Lindsey-Abaire. Now to start researching those finalists and trying to find copies.

No comments: